The Honor Code (effective through summer 2003)
As a student and citizen of the Duke University Community:
1. I will not lie, cheat or steal in my academic endeavors.
2. I will forthrightly oppose each and every instance of academic dishonesty.
3. I will communicate directly with any person or persons I believe to have been dishonest. Such communication may be oral or written. Written communication may be signed or anonymous.
4. I will give prompt written notification to the appropriate faculty member and to the dean of Trinity College or the dean of the Pratt School of Engineering when I observe academic dishonesty in any course.
5. I will let my conscience guide my decision about whether my written report will name the person or persons I believe to have committed a violation of the Code.
6. I join the undergraduate student body of Duke University in a commitment to the Code of Honor.